Fairfax (Industry) Tax Position:
Our client is well know in their industry and they are seeking a strong tax accountant to join their team. During the tax season, the candidate will be working long hours to file compliance returns much like public accounting, 60 - 70. During the off season, the tax accountant will be working 50-60 hours to help the tax department become more efficient. Core work hours are 7:30am - 4:30pm or 8:30am - 5:30pm. The client has on line tools so the candidates can do additional work at home as necessary or requried.
This position offers a base salary plus bonus (depending on a variety of factors) The job description is as follows:
- Prepare corporate and partnership federal, state and local tax returns including income, franchise, excise, and various other returns.
- Maintain partnership equity schedules; ensure accurate and timely tax distributions to client investors
- Prepare book-tax reconciliations and partner tax allocations
- Assist in the analysis of corporate transactions
- Research and prepare work papers for various book to tax differences
- Prepare the year-end and quarterly tax provision
- Prepare quarterly and yearly income tax estimates for corporate and partnership entities
- Assist in resolution of federal, state, and local tax notices and audits
- Prepare other various tax filings: Annual reports, Personal Property Tax, etc.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully
- Maintain high level of confidentiality at all times
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- 2+ years progressive experience in public accounting or at a large corporation
- Big 4 background is preferred
- CPA preferred
- Experience with US federal and state corporate and partnership tax
- Experience with accounting for income taxes (ASC 740)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with staff at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The client is ready to hire, so if you are interested, please e-mail us your resume in "word" immediately.
Cordia Recruiting and Staffing
Please contact me with any questions: